If you are a heavy computer user you probably encountered one of these situations: some files you need where deleted by mistake, a drive was formatted and you want your files from it back or you needed to recover an entire partition.
The EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can help you with all these and toady I put the software to a test.
The EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard scans your computer to find deled files and recovers them. It works similar for partition recovery.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard features:
- recover deleted or lost files
- disk recovery after hard drive crashes, accidental formatting
- recover data from unformatted hard drives
- recover files if the partition is corrupt, not accessible anymore
- supports not only hard drives but also USB drives and storage, e.g. digital camera cards.
- supports FAT12, FAT16, VFAT, FAT32, NTFS/NTFS5 file systems
- create disk images to assist in the file recovery
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Review
Installing the program was easy. In less than 1 minute the program was ready to run. The interface is simple and intuitive. You have 3 options to choose from:
- Deleted files recovery which will scan and recover deleted files
- Complete recovery which will recover all data from a HDD which was formatted
- Partition recovery which is used when the entire partition was erased.
I did not accidentally deleted a partition and none of my partitions were formatted lately so I worked with the Deleted files recovery.
First I deleted a file from one of my partitions to see if I could get it back. Then I clicked on “Deleted files recovery ” and the software showed a list with file types to choose from (this will save time if you want to recover just some of your files such as movies, docs, images). Choosing a specific file type is not necessary because the software will look for all the deleted files when you click on “Next”.
Now you will need to choose what drive (partition) should get scanned to recover the files. After selecting the drive the software will start scanning it. This may take a while depending on how many times the HDD was used and how many files were deleted. My HDD is quite new so it took less than 3 minutes, but you should expect a longer scan period.
Once the scan if complete you will get a complete list with the files which can be recovered. To recover a file all you have to do is to select the file and choose a location where the file will be recovered.
In my test I selected the file I deleted earlier and hit the recover button. Recovering a 800MB file took just a few seconds and the file was recovered without errors (I verified and the file, a video, was working fine).
In conclusion: the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a simple to use, intuitive software which will help you recover deleted files. It is simple, fast and effective.
Pricing and availability