Phones are phones, and are definitely net web browsers that is the idea behind Pocket Surfer 2.
The Pocket Surfer 2 is indeed pocket sized, and yet is jammed with technological magic to let you browse web pages with full graphics, Java support.
The built-in GPRS modem lets you zip effortlessly around the web wherever and whenever you like, displaying the pages in all their glory on its 5″ color screen.
Powered by a re-chargeable battery Pocket Surfer 2 will provide four hours of surf time (with 5 days on standby), giving you plenty of time to check your emails, fiddle about on Facebook or whatever your preferred networking site is.
Pocket Surfer 2 features
- A pocket-sized, totally wireless link to the web wherever you are.
- An in-built GPRS antenna and sim card to access mobile networks wirelessly.
- A 5 inch 640 x 240 full color screen with Java support.
- Backlit QWERTY keyboard and integrated mouse.
- Works with any network.
- 20 hours free surfing every month for the first year.
- Browsing time can be boosted to unlimited status for £5.99 a month (this can be done on a month by month basis by calling the number enclosed in the pack).
- After the first year, subscription for the monthly 20 hours usage is just £40 annually.
- You can use the Pocket Surfer when you are outside the UK by activating roaming at the rate of 25p a minute.
- The pages take under 7 seconds to load.
- A mouse point.
- A rechargeable battery.
- Requires a mains plug (UK adaptor included).
- Doesn’t support audio, video or fast gaming applications.
- Weight: 174g.
- Size: 16 x 8 x 1.5cm.
Pocket surfer seems like a cool gadget but I prefer having a small 12 inch notebook instead or something even smaller like ARCHOS 10 Mini Laptop.
Pricing and availability
Pocket Surfer 2 cost £139.00 and it is available at IwantOneofThouse.