External Hdds are the best way to get extra space. They are super easy to use (just connect them via USB) and the price per GB is very low.
The newest models of external hard drives usually come with:
- Easy installation and set up. Just plug and play.
- Hi-Speed USB connection
- Good transfer rates
- Automatic backup software
- Cooler, quieter, eco-friendlier
- Small and easy to carry
- Huge storing capacities( 1TB, 2TB)
Why To Chose An External Hard Drive?
There are many advantages of having an external hard drive.
First you can take it with you and have your precious files everywhere you want and need. The latest models are so small and light that you can carry them easily in your pocket.
The second reason is price. The price for GB is very low compared with DVDs or blue rays. They are affordable even compared with external storages like: flash pens, SD cards, MMC cards and other similar devices.
Also an external HDD allows the user to back up or store important information separate from the main internal hard drive. This is very useful for backup purposes.
Until now I’ve owned only Western Digital External Hard Drives and I was very satisfied with the performances.
I’m currently having a 320GB model but I’m thinking of upgrading to 1TB. Western Digital My Passport Essential 1TB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive – Black (foto -up) is the one I want to buy.
It cost only £131 and offers some great features:
- Automatic, continuous backup
- New updates for SmartWare Software available from Western Digital
- Password protection and 256-bit encryption, securing private or sensitive data
- Retrieving lost data effortlessly
- Adding extra storage space for photos, videos and music
Very cool isn’t it?