The online gadgets are great. Want to find a childhood friend? Nothing simpler!
Spock.com will help you that allow you to see what your friends and colleagues are doing on the Web. Spock is a free people and information search engine.
It is a very useful gadget if you loose the touch with old friends. Using the internet, if they have given personal data online, you will be able to find them.
All you have to do is go to Spock.com and choose the search criteria:
- Name or email (if you want to search by email you will have to register for a free Spock account. This is necessary to avoid spam)
- Age. You can choose the exact age of the person your are trying to find. If you don’t know the age you can choose a age interval.
- Sex. You can filter your search by sex(male or female)
- Tags. You can find people who use tags. This search is very useful to find high school or university colleges. For example you can search only for people who use the tag “San Jose State University”.
- Location. Using this you can find people from a small city.
- The last search criteria is “Must have picture!”
Spock can be used to find friends or just to have fun (you can search for bond girl).
It can also be used to research purposes – http://www.spock.com/q/Drunk-Driving – shows people arrested for drunk driving.
What I liked was that Spock shows the top searches. Curious what are people looking for?
Here is the top 10:
- 100 Most Powerful Women
- 1986 American League All-star
- African American baseball player
- African-American actor
- American Idol contestant
- American R&B singer
- American World War II veteran
- Apple employee