Game Consoles are the best way to enjoy games. When they were created – years ago – I was very skeptical: I played games on my PC and it was just fine, I had no need for a console.
I changed my mind when I saw what these things can do. Consoles offer better graphic; they are faster than a computer and have a lot of cool accessories.
They are designed just for games and you will feel that when you use a console.
Now the most known manufactures are: Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo. My favorite is Nintendo. I love both Wi and GameCube.
Nintendo GameCube is a powerful video game console that rightly deserves its place among the other next-generation game systems. In fact, its playful, appealing design and small size (under 6 cubed inches).
The main advantage for this console is the producer: Nintendo. While Electronic Arts and Sega make games for all systems (including GameCube) you can play Nintendo games only on a Nintendo system.
Game cube features and specs:
- MPU (Microprocessor Unit): 485 MHz custom IBM PowerPC Gekko
- Graphics Processor: 162 MHz custom ATI/Nintendo Flipper
- Texture-Read Bandwidth: 10.4 GB per second (peak)
- Main Memory Bandwidth: 2.6 GB per second (peak)
- Pixel Depth: 24-bit color, 24-bit Z buffer
- Sound Processor: 81 MHz custom Macronix 16-bit DSP
- Sound Performance: 64 simultaneous channels, ADPCM encoding
- Polygon Performance: 6 to 12 million polygons per second (peak)
- System Memory: 40 MB
- Main Memory: 24 MB MoSys 1T-SRAM
- Disc Drive: 128 ms CAV (Constant Angular Velocity) system
- Data Transfer Speed: 16 Mbps to 25 Mbps
- Media: 3-inch, 1.5 GB capacity disc
- Controller Ports: Four
- Memory Card Slots: Two
- Audio-Video Output: Analog and digital
- Dimensions: 4.3 by 5.9 by 6.3 inches (height by width by depth)
GameCube is a recommenced console for Nintendo games lovers. You will play: Mario, Legend of Zelda, Perfect Dark, Metroid, Kirby, and Pokémon which you won’t find on other consoles.
Another plus for the GameCube is the price. It cost under $100.