Today I will show you the miracles of Modern technologies Uninterruptible Power Supplies and Diesel Generators.
UPS systems provide power protection for uninterruptible power supply.
A quality UPS provides redundancy and therefore offers greater protection of any critical equipment.
UPSes are great when you are working on something really important and there is a short power surge or brownout, and in case of a long lasting blackout you can get the machine to suspend, hibernateor shut down when batteries are low.
Of course the UPS can only provide power for a while, typically a few minutes, but that is often enough to ride out power company glitches or short outages. Most UPS units claim a transfer time to battery of about 4ms.
UPS Systems can be custom designed to suit your individual requirements, with long autonomy periods for very stringent specifications required by railway networks, communications systems TV stations, banks, building societies, data centers, hospitals, schools.
UPS traditionally can perform the following functions: absorb relatively small power surges. In addition, some UPS or UPS/software combinations provide the following functions: automatic shutdown of equipment during long power outages.
While the electronics in a UPS are likely to last for quite a while, the batteries will periodically need to be replaced. Batteries in a UPS are not meant to be drained, and when power is restored they normally take a few hours to restore full charge.
A diesel generator is the combination of a diesel engine with an electrical generator (often called an alternator) to generate electric energy. (wikipedia)
Why buy a diesel generator?
- A diesel generator has a longer life span than other types of fuel (natural gas, propane or gasoline).
- A diesel generator will have a lower acquisition cost as compared to natural gas.
- Maintenance is substantially less than gasoline or natural gas.
- The safety aspect of a diesel generator is also substantial.
- The diesel used in a diesel generator set is not flammable as it must be compressed in order to ignite.
- Diesel Generators are more reliable since they operate by using compression ignition and natural gas generators require spark ignition.