To spend a lot of time on the plane, train, subway or car is extremely boring. This is why people love travel gadgets. For summer fun and to combat boredom I recommend playing games on the Nintendo 3DS Console.
This little gadget doesn’t require 3D glasses to enjoy its startling effects, and even offers 3D picture-taking and movie-watching.
The Nintendo 3DS Console features the traditional dual-screen, the top 3.5-inch gaming display is designed to produced crisp 3D images, while the bottom 3D-less display works as the touch panel.
The devices has new built-in camera with two camera lenses, enabling you to take photographs in 3D. Also you can experience watching 3D films on this gadget, with Nintendo demoing trailers from upcoming 3D movies from Disney, Dreamworks and Disney. The 3D capabilities of the cameras allow you to truly enter a new dimension with Augmented Reality, in the AR Games application.
Nintendo 3DS Console features and specs:
- Size (when closed) – 2.9" high, 5.3" long, 0.8" deep.
- Weight – Approximately 8 ounces (including battery pack, stylus, SD memory card).
- Upper 3D Display – 3.53" (3.02" wide x 1.81" high) with 800 x 240 pixel resolution, range of 16.77 million colors and 400 pixels are allocated to each eye to enable 3D viewing.
- Lower Screen – 3.02" (2.42" wide, 1.81" high) with 320 x 240 pixel resolution and range of 16.77 million colors.
- Cameras – 3 (2 facing out, 1 facing in), each with 640 x 480 resolution capability; single focus lenses using the CMOS capture element; active pixel count is approximately 300,000 pixels.
- Wireless Functionality – 2.4 GHz, supporting IEEE802.11 b/g with the WPA/WPA2 security features.
- Input Controls – A/B/X/Y Button, + control pad, L/R button, START/SELECT, Circle Pad (enabling 360-degree analogue input), Touchscreen, embedded microphone, Camera, Motion sensor, Gyro sensor.
- Other Input Controls – 3D Depth Slider (enabling smooth adjustment of the 3D level effect), HOME (HOME button brings up the HOME menu), Wireless switch (can disable wireless functionality even during game play), POWER button.
- Parental Controls – Enable parents to restrict game content by ratings as well as use of specific wireless connectivity, 3D functionality, etc.
- System Transfer – Enable users to transfer already purchased software from one Nintendo 3DS system to another. DSiWare purchased for the Nintendo DSi or the Nintendo DSi XL can also be transferred into a Nintendo 3DS system.
- Built-in Software – Includes: the Nintendo 3DS Camera, Nintendo 3DS Sound, Mii Maker, StreetPass, Mii Plaza, AR Games, Activity Log, Face Raiders, etc.
- Connector – Game Card slot, SD Card slot, Cradle connector, AC adapter connector, Audio jack (stereo output).
- Sound – Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen (supports virtual surround sound).
- Stylus – Telescoping stylus (approximately 3.94" when fully extended).
- Electric Power – AC adapter. Nintendo 3DS Battery Pack (lithium ion battery) [CTR-003].
- Approximate Charge Time – 3.5 hours.
- Approximate Battery Duration – 3-5 hours (3DS software), 5-8 hour (DS software and/or with lowered brightness settings).
- Game Card – Nintendo 3DS Game Card. The size is approximately the same as Nintendo DS Game Card.
Pricing and availability