I like photo frames but I’m not crazy about them, until now I haven’t bought one, but I want the 3-D Picture Frame. This digital photo frame transfers your photos into the third-dimension.
You take any standard photo in .jpeg format and, using the included PC software, define the areas that will pop-out. Print out the resulting image on your handy-dandy color inkjet and insert it into the frame under the special filter. And you will get the 3D image.
The technology used by 3-D Photo Frame is called lenticular and uses a series of micro vertical lenses overlaid on top of a photo to display a different image to each eye.
3-D Picture Frame Features:
- Convert your existing 2-D photos into 3-D
- No Glasses required for viewing
- Lenticular 3-D technology uses a special filter under which your printed photo is placed
- Use the included software to define 3-D areas of your photo
- Adjust the visible depth of each Area
- Supports text captions with depth control
- Included frame dimensions are 4" x 6" inches
- Photos can be displayed in either portrait or landscape mode
Availability and pricing info
The 3-D Picture Frame cost $24.99 and you can find it at ThinkGeek.com.