Why the word free is used so much?
When I was studding about marketing I’ve found out that free is one of the most used words because it increases the number of sales dramatically.
You see everyone likes to find a good bargain. It makes us feel better because we find such a good deal. This is the reason why free is one of the most used words in marketing and sales.
But everything has a cost because it uses resources (money, time) so in realty free does not exists. When you see free read it as bonus or ask yourself what do I need to give back?
Back on Free Product Samples. How you can get one.
I get “free” product samples to write about them and publish my opinion on my blog. Gadgets club has almost 30000 per month, so if you have a popular blog you can get free samples.
Also you can get free products:
- To test them. Many companies are looking for people’s to test their products and will let you keep the good after you tested it
- If you win a contest. The contest are made to attract people attention to company’s products this is why they give away free stuff. If you want an example try Free Samples in UK
- Give feedback. the company needs feedback from users. You will get free samples and you will have to give them back your opinions
- If you offer viral marketing. The company needs viral marketing so they offer free samples in exchange of spreading the word. They may ask you to blog about their offer, or to post it on forums, social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Hi5 and so on. You get the idea.
- The free products are given to win your confidence. For some new products it is hard to make sales. So the companies are giving away free samples which allows you to test their products and come for more, with your wallet of course.
- The product is a bonus. Example: you get a free laptop if you make a long term contract with an Internet provider.