More and more internet users want to have their own web site.
Thou the free services like Blogger and Squidoo were improved it is better to have your own domain and web hosting because you will have more control.
Plus having your own domain name is more professional.
And on your own site you decide what kind of website to build:
Also you decide what platform and technology will be used (OS commerce, WordPress, Joomla, PHP BB, Flash or simple HTML code).
Here are a few tips on how to choose the right domain name:
1. The domain name must be short. You want people to go directly to your website and they must type it fast. For example gadgets-club.com is short but myweblogaboutgadgetselectronicsandtechnology.com is to long for a user to type it (no one will have the patience to write such a long domain name).
2. The domain name must be memorable. You want people to learn your site and come back.
3. The domain name must help you or your business. The idea is to help people find you and this is done by 2 ways: by having a brand as the domain or using a descriptive domain. Eg. Google.com is a brand name; gadgets.com is a descriptive one.
How to choose the right hosting plan
The best way is to read the web hosting reviews, Usually you will find the most honest opinions on forums. So I suggest to start form there.
Blogs and comparison sites are also good places to get info.
Top tips about hosting
1. Test the support, It is vital to have good support! My method is to contact them via email, phone and chat and see how fast they respond. Also I ask them a lot of question including stupid ones to see if they have the patience and the skill to solve my problems.
2. See if they offer uptime guarantee. Most hosting companies will have their servers working 99.90% of time.
3. Look for money back guarantee.