Lenovo has made a name for themselves within the gaming world this year by releasing several machines designed for even the most passionate players.
For laptop gamers, Lenovo released the IdeaPad Y series, which boast intense graphics, lightning-fast processors, lots of memory and great audio. The latest iterations — the 410p and 510p models — feature a 4th Gen Intel Core processor. They have NVIDIA GeForce discrete graphics, up to 16GB memory and up to 1TB hard drives with available SSD tandem drives.
The IdeaPads 410s have a 14.0” HD widescreen display and weigh 5.5 pounds; the 510s have a 15.6” display and weigh closer to 6 pounds. The 410s start at $799 and the 510s start at $849.
Image sent by author
Gamers who prefer desktops should check out the Erazer X700, which Lenovo has dubbed the ultimate gaming machine. Starting at $1,499, the Erazer is sleek and futuristic in appearance. It has a 2nd generation Intel Core i7-3820 processor.
Depending on the model, the Erazer has 12 to 16GB memory and a 1 or 2 TB hard drive, with the option to install up to 4TB of additional storage space. The Erazer also offers dual graphics support: up to two NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 chips or ATI CrossFireX, or up to dual AMD Radeon HD 8950 graphics for extreme gaming visuals.
The Erazer features OneKey Overclocking, which enables users to increase the performance of the processor with one click. A liquid coolant keeps the Erazer’s insides at an optimal temperature, protecting the system while overclocking.
The Erazer can connect up to six monitors, using AMD Eyefinity technology, for a truly thrilling gaming experience.
Top Five Games to Play on a Lenovo Gaming Machine
If you’ve taken the plunge and purchased your own laptop or desktop, but can’t decide which game to play first, here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Dota 2 (Defense of the Ancients) is a multiplayer online battle arena game. It won the International Gaming Network’s People’s Choice Award last year and set a record for the game with the most concurrent players.
2. Half-Life 2 is a first-person shooter game. It was named the Game of the Decade at the 2012 Spike Video Game Awards and has received significant critical acclaim.
3. Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn is a role-playing game based on Dungeons & Dragons. Gamers love the memorable characters, beautiful design and the epic fantasy tale.
4. Sid Meier’s Civilization V is a turn-based strategy game which follows a civilization’s development from prehistoric times into the future. Instead of square tiles used in games from earlier in the series, Civilization V is based on a new game engine with hexagonal tiles.
5. Portal 2 is a single-player puzzle-platform video game that has been described as witty, hilarious and “challenging without being unfairly punishing.”
By Jessica Oaks
Jessica Oaks is a freelance journalist who loves to write about technology news and ways that technology can make life easier. Check out some of her other work at FreshlyTechy.com.